MESSAGE FROM DIRECTOR OF RMC
Welcome to the Research Management Centre (RMC) of Manipal International University (MIU). The centre manages, coordinates, and promotes research activities at the university through close collaboration with local and global organizations, universities, industries, and research institutes. Our researchers have diverse backgrounds in science, engineering, and social sciences.
Currently, RMC is overseeing research grant allocation provided under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MoHE) as well as MIU internal grants. Furthermore, we are committed to nurture the university’s community in research by organising workshops, seminars and webinars on research enhancement.
MIU realizes the significance of engaging and equipping our researchers with skills, knowledge, and resources in achieving our mission of becoming the Centre of Excellence in our domain of expertise. RMC also aims to offer the best research and innovation based on internationally accepted standards delivered through up-to-date studies and intelligent technologies.
We look forward to having you explore our website and learn more on our research projects, grants, research and commercialisation; as well any latest news on research. Our doors are opened for collaborations and partnerships. Feel free to contact any members of MIU RMC on matters related to research, innovation, intellectual property and commercialisation.
Asst. Prof. Ir. Ts. EUR ING Dr. Mohammed Reyasudin Basir Khan, CEng
Director of Research Management Centre
Manipal International University
Objectives and functions of RMC
OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH CENTRE
The objectives of the Research Centre are as follows:
- To promote and coordinate research activities of the University and also to conduct basic research for the development of knowledge.
- To organize and conduct applied and policy research for the benefit of this country as well as other countries and in particular, for helping and to incorporate values including economic, financial, social, political and other aspects.
- To assist in the development and production of teaching materials for the University and elsewhere for the promotion of knowledge.
- To cooperate with other institutions of similar objectives.
FUNCTIONS OF THE RESEARCH CENTRE
In order to achieve the mentioned objectives, the Research Centre has the following functions:
- Promote and organize research efforts of the University in a planned, coordinated and organized way.
- Co-ordinate Schools research activities of the University and conduct in-house research by the research personnel of the Centre whenever desirable.
- Organize external research to be conducted by researchers outside the University.
- Provide consultancy services to both private and public sectors.
- Collect information on fields related to its activities and systematize and disseminate it for the benefit of research activities and public policy of the countries concerned.
- Provide occasional short courses/training/workshop on research methodology for academic staff of the University.
- Undertake any other activity which may help achieve the objectives of the Centre.
- In order to conduct and co-ordinate research activities of the University, the Centre does the following:
- Prepare the policies, rules, regulations and procedure concerning the conduct of research and distribution of research grants.
- Invite, accept and evaluate research projects for their support by the University.
- Provide logistics support including secretarial services, research assistance, etc.
- Monitor the progress of research projects and help overcome any problem facing the implementation of projects.
- Evaluate the research reports/outputs and make suggestions for improvements, if necessary, and decide as to the acceptance of the research output.