MESSAGE FROM DIRECTOR OF RMC
Dear valued partners and stakeholders,
As the Director of the Research Management Centre at Manipal International University, I am proud to share with you the latest updates and initiatives.
The university continues to offer an extensive, top-notch curriculum of research and research training. From foundational, inquisitive work that increases the body of knowledge and generates fresh research questions to applied research and innovation with immediate applications to industry and communities, we strive towards international standards of quality across the spectrum of research.
MIU realizes the significance of engaging and equipping our researchers with skills, knowledge, and resources in achieving our mission of becoming the Centre of Excellence in our domain of expertise. RMC also aims to offer the best research and innovation based on internationally accepted standards delivered through up-to-date studies and intelligent technologies.
At RMC, we are dedicated to promoting interdisciplinary creativity and collaboration while also supporting cutting-edge research. To ensure that our researchers have the tools and support they need to succeed, our team of specialists offers a wide range of services, from grant proposal writing to research contract management. The Research Management Centre works to promote and facilitate research activities, including their growth and the commercialization of research findings.
Over the past year, we have continued to support important research in a range of fields, from biotechnology to engineering and beyond. Our researchers have published ground-breaking research in esteemed publications and successfully attracted considerable funding from domestic and international funding institutions.
We are also happy to have launched several new programs, such as FRGS Clinic, to encourage and assist the upcoming generation of researchers. Our graduate students and early-career researchers are helped to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in their disciplines by this program.
As we look towards the future, we remain committed to driving excellence in research and innovation at Manipal International University. We are excited to continue working with our partners and stakeholders to tackle the world's most pressing challenges and make a positive impact on society.
Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership.
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Ts. Dr. Vengadesh, CEng (UK), FIES (UK), SIEEE, MIET
Director, Research Management Centre,
Manipal International University
Objectives and functions of RMC
OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH CENTRE
The objectives of the Research Centre are as follows:
- To promote and coordinate research activities of the University and also to conduct basic research for the development of knowledge.
- To organize and conduct applied and policy research for the benefit of this country as well as other countries and in particular, for helping and to incorporate values including economic, financial, social, political and other aspects.
- To assist in the development and production of teaching materials for the University and elsewhere for the promotion of knowledge.
- To cooperate with other institutions of similar objectives.
FUNCTIONS OF THE RESEARCH CENTRE
In order to achieve the mentioned objectives, the Research Centre has the following functions:
- Promote and organize research efforts of the University in a planned, coordinated and organized way.
- Co-ordinate Schools research activities of the University and conduct in-house research by the research personnel of the Centre whenever desirable.
- Organize external research to be conducted by researchers outside the University.
- Provide consultancy services to both private and public sectors.
- Collect information on fields related to its activities and systematize and disseminate it for the benefit of research activities and public policy of the countries concerned.
- Provide occasional short courses/training/workshop on research methodology for academic staff of the University.
- Undertake any other activity which may help achieve the objectives of the Centre.
- In order to conduct and co-ordinate research activities of the University, the Centre does the following:
- Prepare the policies, rules, regulations and procedure concerning the conduct of research and distribution of research grants.
- Invite, accept and evaluate research projects for their support by the University.
- Provide logistics support including secretarial services, research assistance, etc.
- Monitor the progress of research projects and help overcome any problem facing the implementation of projects.
- Evaluate the research reports/outputs and make suggestions for improvements, if necessary, and decide as to the acceptance of the research output.