Thesis Writing Workshop
Date: December 07, 2020 |Published by: MIU | Category: MIU Events
Thesis writing is one of the demanding elements of every student enrolled in academic degree programs. It starts with selecting the right research topics, an intense literature review, rigorous laboratory experiments, and finally, writing the findings of the investigations. It is often that students excel well in getting the results right from their research works. However, when it comes to communicating the results, students repeatedly find it difficult, especially in writing.
A thriving thesis should demonstrate the students’ in-depth command of knowledge in a relevant field, showcases one’s thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques, and is aware of its shortcomings. The research findings should contribute to distinct knowledge rests on the comprehensive interpretation of the results.
What does the workshop offer?
The objectives of the workshop are to impart a successful thesis writing for academic degree students focusing on:
- How to write an effective abstract.
- How to write an outstanding introduction to the thesis.
- How to write a comprehensive literature review.
- How to write methods and methodology for the thesis.
- How to write and present the research findings effectively.
- How to write a thorough discussion of the research findings.
- How to write an exceptional conclusion for a thesis.
- How to cite and manage references using the Mendeley reference manager.
Who should attend?
- Final year undergraduate who enrolling final year project and writing/ going to write a thesis.
- All interested undergraduates
- Postgraduate students who would like to refresh and improve their thesis writing.
Workshop Schedule and Facilitator:
11th Dec 20209.00 am – 12.00 pm
Introduction-Identifying problem statement-forming hypothesis-objectives
|Siti Zulaiha Zolkaply||
11th Dec 20202.30 pm – 5.30 pm
|3||Literature review||Siti Zulaiha Zolkaply||
18th Dec 20209.00 am – 12.00 pm
|4||Method and Methodology||Dr. Suguna Selvakumaran||
18th Dec 20202.30 pm – 5.30 pm
|5||Result||Dr. Suguna Selvakumaran||
8th Jan 20219.00 am – 12.00 pm
|6||Discussion||Farhana Azmira Asmadi||
8th Jan 20212.30 pm – 5.30 pm
|7||Conclusion||Farhana Azmira Asmadi||
15th Jan 20219.00 am – 12.00 pm
15th Jan 2021 (PM)2.30 pm – 5.30 pm